Since yesterday was National Peanut Butter Day, here is a simple 4-ingredient recipe for Peanut Butter Dog Cookies that you can whip up for your furry best friends.
Recipe from dogtreatkitchen.com
* 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use another type of flour if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
* 1 1/4 cups hot water
* Additional flour for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Mix dry ingredients together.
3. Mix in the peanut butter and hot water. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
4. Knead the dough well.
5. Roll out the dough into 1/4" thickness and cut into shapes with dog cookie cutters.
6. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let them cool overnight. The cookies get very hard, just the way dogs like them!
If you and your dog can't wait that long, cool them completely on a wire rack before serving.
Storing: This peanut butter dog biscuit recipe makes biscuits that will last in a sealed air tight container at room temperature for one week. You can store them in the refrigerator for 3 weeks and in the freezer for up to 6 months.